The Kentucky Utility Industry is a frequently shifting landscape due to new and unprecedented federal regulation, dynamic market forces, declining usage, higher efficiencies, and ever increasing costs. The Utility Practice Group of Goldberg Simpson can help Investor Owned Utilities, Gas Distribution Companies, Water Associations, Water Districts, Sewer companies, Rural Electric Cooperatives, or interest groups pursuing intervention to navigate the complex waters of the Kentucky Public Service Commission.
Led by an attorney with extensive experience appearing before the KY Public Service Commission, Goldberg Simpson can achieve positive and creative results that parties may not be aware are possible. Our services include:
- General Rate Case Utilizing Historic Test Period
- General Rate Case Utilizing Forecasted Test Period
- Alternative Rate Filing (ARF)
- Certificate of Convenience and Public Necessity (CPCN)
- Environmental or Other Surcharge Application
- Appeal of a Final Commission Order
- Purchased Water Adjustment
- Purchased Gas Adjustment
- Application to Construct and Operate a Tower
- Utility Abandonment
- Transfer of Utility Ownership
- Pole Attachments
- Franchise Bid Application
- Application for a Special Contract
- Negotiation of a Special Contract
- Consumer Complaint Drafting and Filing
- Consumer Complaint Defense
- Transfer of Control
- Employment Issues
The Goldberg Simpson Utility group provides a full range of services in Anderson, Boone, Campbell, Fayette, Franklin, Gallatin, Hardin, Henry, Jefferson, Kenton, Laurel, Owen, Scott, Spencer, Trimble, Warren and many other counties in Kentucky. If you have any questions regarding the Goldberg Simpson Water & Energy Utilities group call 502 589-4440.
Goldberg Simpson continues The QA series with Water & Energy Utilities Of-Counsel, Gregory Dutton as he details utility rate cases and how stakeholders can benefit from attorney representation. Dutton additionally reviews the growing importance and complexities of environmental law.