The workplace can be a challenging interpersonal environment where differences in management and communication styles, shifting gender roles, and competing economic agendas can all contribute to conflict. The Goldberg Simpson Labor and Employment Practice Area has extensive experience in all aspects of labor and management relations, employment and personnel law from the management and employee perspectives.
Goldberg Simpson offers its clients comprehensive representation in this area from a team of experienced practitioners.
One component of Goldberg Simpson’s Labor and Employment practice is geared towards compliance and prevention, and the firm works closely with in-house human resource managers to design workplace policy and procedure manuals for employers in Kentucky. Our attorneys are well- versed in the problems that arise in the workplace and are experienced in providing practical advice based upon the law and the client’s needs.
A large component of Goldberg Simpson’s Labor and Employment practice is the representation of both employees and employers in employment claims. Although Kentucky is an “at-will” employment state, claims resulting from the termination of employment may arise where the employee is a member of a “protected class” and has a potential claim for discrimination under the Federal or Kentucky Civil Rights Act based on age, gender, race or disability. Goldberg Simpson’s Labor and Employment attorneys are experienced in representing both employees and employers in wrongful termination cases filed in state and federal court or with administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
In addition, Goldberg Simpson’s attorneys are experienced in drafting, reviewing and litigating disputes arising from employment agreements and non-compete agreements, as well as drafting and reviewing severance agreements.
Representative activities of attorneys in this practice section include:
- Arbitration and Mediation services
- Comprehensive representation before the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Louisville and Jefferson County Human Relations Commission, Unemployment Insurance Commission and other administrative agencies;
- Wage and Hour Act compliance and litigation;
- Discrimination and Wrongful Discharge litigation;
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance and litigation;
- Personnel Policies and Procedures-preparation and maintenance of Employee Handbooks, Policies and Procedures manuals, Workplace and Employment Audits and related compliance and reporting advice;
- FMLA-Compliance advice and litigation.
The Goldberg Simpson Labor and Employment Practice Area provides a full range of services in Jefferson, Oldham, Bullitt, Shelby, Franklin, Fayette, Warren and many other counties in Kentucky.
If you have any questions regarding the Goldberg Simpson Labor and Employment Practice group call any member of our practice group at 502 589-4440.
Watch as Labor and Employment attorney, Jan West discusses the complexities of employment law. Goldberg Simpson’s popular Q&A Series continues as West addresses why employment law can be complex, details common discriminatory practices and what advice she has for both employers and employees.