The growth of our firm has paralleled the growth of Louisville, growth evident in our city’s vibrant construction industry. The Goldberg Simpson Construction Practice Group maintains a fast-paced practice in the areas of construction and procurement law led by an attorney with both engineering and field construction experience and staffed by attorneys with an understanding of this complex industry. This practice group represents a busy circle of general contractors, construction owners, sureties, suppliers, and a wide variety of specialty subcontractors. From the standard specifications to bidding support, from the administration of contracts to litigation, the Construction Practice Group offers a complete spectrum of legal services to the industry.
Attorneys in this practice group have been professionally trained and certified as construction arbitrators and construction mediators in addition to maintaining traditional litigation and arbitration practices. The Construction Practice Group endeavors to use all forms of alternative dispute resolution to bring rapid closure to construction related disputes without getting bogged down in the delay and expense of a trial. The Goldberg Simpson Construction Practice Group provides construction law services in Anderson, Boone, Campbell, Fayette, Franklin, Gallatin, Hardin, Henry, Jefferson, Kenton, Laurel, Owen, Scott, Spencer, Trimble, Warren and many other counties in Kentucky.
Members of this practice section are frequent authors and lecturers and are active in a number of professional and trade organizations serving the construction industry.
- Full range of representation for private and public construction clients:
- Active participation in professional societies and associations serving the industry;
- Initial contract preparation review, Pre-Construction evaluation and ongoing project management support.
- Continuing professional education seminar lecturers in 17 states and the District of Columbia;
- Founding members of the Kentucky Bar Association section of Construction and Public Contract Law.
Representative Construction Experience
Attorneys formally trained as construction arbitrators and mediators, with engineering and construction experience;
- Federal procurement specifications;
- Environmental compliance;
- Contract documents;
- Contract administration;
- Litigation in state and federal trial and appellate courts;
- Government agency practice;
- Federal Boards of Contract Appeals and the United States Claims Court.
Representative Construction Clientele
- Public and private owners and developers
- General contractors
- Construction trade associations
- Specialty subcontractors
- Electrical contractors
- Mechanical contractors
- Roofing contractors
- Interior finish contractors
- Material and equipment suppliers
- Construction sureties
- Liability insurance carriers
If you have any questions regarding the Goldberg Simpson Construction group call Steve Smith at 502 589-4440.