Brain damage can result accidents in different circumstances relating to accidents, medical malpractice or a motor vehicle accident. Brain injuries can be categorized as follows:
- Acquired Brain Injury. Acquired brain injuries result from traumas after birth such as a concussion or a stroke.
- Congenital Brain Injury. Congenital brain injury may result from a challenging pregnancy or birthing process, in circumstances where the baby is exposed to toxins, or suffers from lack of oxygen.
- Closed Head Injury. Bleeding, bruising and swelling of the brain resulting from a blow to the head that did not pierce the skull.
- Open Head Injury. Open Head Injury occurs when an object actually pierces through the skull, and effects bleeding, bruising and swelling of the brain
- Traumatic Brain Injury. A traumatic brain injury will produce symptoms that range from lack of consciousness; dizziness, to lethargy. Also victims can even fall into a vegetative state. Unfortunately there are no treatments to reverse traumatic brain injury.
If you or a loved one is in need of legal assistance with brain injury, call Goldberg Simpson at 502-589-4440. A Goldberg Simpson Personal Injury attorneys will help you make sense of your rights, the opportunity to recover against the person responsible for your injuries or the medical professional that did not live up to the proper standard of care..