While driver negligence and distraction cause their fair share of automobile accidents, defective auto parts also contribute to Louisville auto accidents. That’s why automotive product liability is such an important issue to address following an accident. Even a small malfunction in the car can cause a serious or even fatal accident.
Automobile manufacturers (and manufacturers of replacement parts) must ensure their products are free from defects. These include:
- Defective Tires. Defective tires can result in a blowout, and can lead to serious accidents. Examining design, treads, components and manufacturing process is important in a defective tire claim.
- Defective Seatbelts. Defective seat belts for may aggravate injury in the event of a car crash.
- Defective Airbags. Defective airbags will cause injuries if their design was not suited for the particular vehicle in which they were installed, if the timing of their deployment is poorly conceived.
- Defective Door Latches. Defective door latches may impair the protection afforded to a passenger of a vehicle involved in an accident.
- Defective Roof. A poorly designed a roof will not provide sufficient protection to the passengers of a vehicle in the event of a rollover, and the interior space of the vehicle is crumpled. Designing and manufacturing a roof that will sustain the pressure and impact of a rollover is expected from manufacturers today.
If you or a loved one is in need of legal assistance with an automotive product liability matter, call Goldberg Simpson at 502-589-4440. The initial consultation is free of charge, and if we agree to handle your case, we will work on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary recovery of funds. In many cases, a lawsuit must be filed before a specific date (i.e. statute of limitations). Please call right away to ensure that you do not waive your right to possible compensation.