Kentucky property owners have a “duty of care” to ensure their property is safe. When property is not safe, you may be injured by slipping, or tripping, and falling there. If you are injured severely following a slip and fall – incurring spinal cord injury, broken bones, head trauma, etc., you may be entitled to damages. Goldberg Simpson attorneys will work to obtain the maximum compensation to which you are entitled for your injuries.
If property owner negligence was the cause of unsafe property, it may be under any of the following circumstances:
- Failure to properly clean or maintain walkways, stairs, or aisles
- Negligence in cleaning up a spill or warning others of the hazard
- Failure to properly inspect property grounds
- Broken light fixtures, poorly lighted steps or inadequate lighting
- Bad flooring
- Weather-related or hidden hazards outdoors such as an icy patch outside a door or a crack or pothole.
If you or a loved one is in need of legal assistance with slip and fall accidents or injuries, call Goldberg Simpson at 502-589-4440. The initial consultation is free of charge, and if we agree to handle your case, we will work on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary recovery of funds. In many cases, a lawsuit must be filed before a specific date (i.e. statute of limitations). Please call right away to ensure that you do not waive your right to possible compensation.